Dressing For Your Confidence

If you didn't read my post over at Momma Go Round, you should.  Otherwise you'll just be completely lost.  Lost as in starting to watch LOST during the middle of season three, lost. 

Just kidding.  It's pretty self-explanatory. 

Dressing For Your Body Type
Sad as it is, our bodies don't stay the way they were when we were 18.  But really who can expect that with all the drastic changes we make throughout our lives?  Seriously, if your body is the same when you're 80 as it was when you were a teenager, take a good long look at your life. 

I remember the first time I had the realization that I needed to change the way I dressed.  I was in my first year of marriage, and as you know, marriage comes with at least a few comfort pounds.  I had been wearing tight jeans and shirts for a long time and then I realized I was sucking in my belly a little more frequently and looking, well...fat. 

Source

 But the weird thing was that I hadn't gained more than five pounds.  It's like the entire composition of my body just changed.  I could have had super powers for all I knew. 

So I went shopping.  But this time, I shopped in the LADIES area (I think this was a department store) instead of the MISSES area.  I was totally embarrassed to be shopping with all the frumpy old ladies in there who wear pants up to their chest.  But I actually found some clothes that didn't make me look like a teeny bopper.  And then I went to Charlotte Russe and bought jeans that were in a bigger size.  That made me sad, to be buying a bigger size.  But I needed it.  I just wasn't cutting it in the jeans I had. 

The clothes were revolutionary for me.  I realized that there was a whole world of clothes that I could wear that would make me look like a woman rather than a high school student whose love handles look like a Play Dough fat factory.  I looked good in clothes again, and I gained back so much confidence that I'd lost.  And I actually came to terms that maybe my body wasn't so much 'fat' as it was just a woman's body, rather than a girl's.  

Kudos to you if you are skinny.  Seriously, everyone loves to hate you for your body.  :)  But the majority of us have a few extra pounds that we would love to ditch but it just ain't happenin'.  And it's really easy to get depressed about it.  But guess what?  Maybe you just aren't dressing for your current shape.  And I don't just mean buying clothes that actually FIT (but that helps loads.)  I mean dressing to flatter your lumps.  

It's important to me, ladies.  It's important to me that you all recognize the beauty that you have, obviously INSIDE of you, and that you can radiate that beauty outwardly as well.  You may have forgotten how good you can feel about yourself when you actually feel beautiful.  Looking good always makes me feel so much more confident, and I hope that I can inspire you to do the same. 

Source


So without further ado, I bring you the new series "Dressing For Your Body Type."  I will discuss the different body types there are, what these types need to emphasize and de-emphasize, and then find clothes for that body type.  Get ready to assess. 

8 comments:

Shelly said...

I find your blog inspiring. I've been in the mommy slump and haven't been dressing myself to feel good for a long time. I'm trying to work on that now, and I find you blog really helps me. Thank you!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Actually laughing out loud over here. Play Dough Fat Factory...gotta be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! You rock babe!

Anonymous said...

I am just in awe of your blog & look forward to every post! This by far is the most inspiring blog I have came across yet. One of the biggest problems in my life right now is my self confidence. I've let myself go over the years and really just don't feel good about myself. I'm so excited for this series to start. Thank you so much for the time you put forth helping women like myself!

Anne said...

I can relate....I was at my skinniest when my husband and I got married, then my weight crept up in that first year. Then after I had my son, I realized I had 50 extra pounds to lose. It's coming off (although slowly), but you have a point when you say we have women's bodies and not bodies of a girl. I think for the longest time I was trying to recreate what I was, when really that's miles away from what I am now! Thanks for this post; I look forward to future ones!

Amy said...

Ah, sad but true, the body changes! Can I just say that I am in love with your hot pink shoes. I was a heart beat away from buying them until I remembered my vow to never buy shoes with out trying them on again . . . so tell me, are they comfortable, can you carry your kids while wearing them without wanting to saw your feet off. Please tell me quickly so I can buy them if the answer is yes . . . oh and Malachi is begging for a play date. We live by a small strip of Arizona, so when I tell him, I'm sorry Will lilves al the way in Arizona . . . he just doesn't see a problem with the distance!
Love this blog by the way . . . so fun!

Peter parker said...

Unable to withdraw my coins in Gdax Customer Service
Are you unable to withdraw coins in Gdax? Have you gotten in serious issues where you find it difficult to handle and resolve the error? If yes, instead of getting nervous or panic, you can immediately get in contact with the elite professionals by dialing Gdax Support Number +1-800-665-6722 which is functional all the time to attend the users. The skilled and talented professionals are always at your 24/7 service.
Gdax Customer Support Number
Gdax Phone Number
For more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/wallet/gdax/

Peter parker said...

Do you want to fix transaction downloading issue in Binance? If yes, you can directly approach the professionals by dialing Binance support number. The professionals listen to your query and analyze the error, and accordingly deliver solutions in a very positive and managed way. They provide solutions and remedies through inventive tools and techniques. You can contact the skilled and talented professionals anytime as they are available 24/7 to assist the users.
Website: https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/binance-support-number/

Peter parker said...

Trezor 2fa not working|Trezor support number
Trezor two-factor authentication is an important feature in your account as it helps in securing your account from unwanted trouble. If you’re dealing with 2fa functionality issue and looking for solution to deal with it, make a call on on Trezor customer support number which is functional all the time. All you have to do is to call them and get verified solution from the team in no time. You can always take help from the team who is there to assist you and serve solutions that would help in fixing your error.
Website: https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/trezor-support-number/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...